There are only two days left before 2016 comes to a close and slowly becomes just a distant memory as we turn over a new leaf for the new year. As most are ready to put the past behind them and gearing up with hope for better days ahead, I am pausing and spending time to look back, and take stock of how I have fared this year.
Although this year has not been exactly smooth sailing, still I am grateful as there are many things that I am thankful for.
First and foremost, to God be the glory —
- I am thankful for the Lord’s peace, mercy and wisdom which has sustained and guided me on my journey
- I am thankful for the rest the Lord has granted me physically, and spiritually every day
- I am thankful for the divine protection upon me and my family as we go about our daily lives
writing and reflection
- I am thankful for being blessed with the time to reflect throughout the year and the inspiration and ability to pen my thoughts down which in due course has encouraged many in their faith journey
- I am thankful for the opportunity given for my amateur writing to reach a wider audience when I was invited to join the blogging community at My Trending Stories
- I am thankful for being able to attend church every Sunday and celebrate Christmas openly as there is still religious tolerance in my city
My nearest and dearest, and friends of old and new
- I am thankful for my family for their love and many home-cooked meals!
- I am thankful for my friends (whom I cannot name all here) for their friendship, fellowship, encouragements, constructive comments and soul-enriching conversations
- I am thankful for…
What are you thankful for?